Friday 15 June 2012

29 May 2012 - Receipt of Fox Talbot Award


Now this was a stunning surprise!  Last year I had submitted a portfolio of work the British Institute of Profession Photographers (BIPP).  Bearing in mind that my workhorse is just a compact camera (albeit a very nice one) and not a brace of fancy DSLR’s with extensive studio equipment to back it up, I hoped simply to be accepted into the institute at the first level of Licentiate.  However at assessment I seemingly skipped past that, past Associate level and straight into the top level as a Fellow of the Institute.  Hearing that somewhat blew me away, especially as it was a unanimous decision by the board, but that was only the start.  (My head took months to shrink to its normal size).  Unbeknown to me they had gone on to award something outstanding beyond that, which was their top photographic award that isn’t even awarded annually, only when there is an outstanding achievement that deserves special recognition from the Photographic community.

I can’t really say much more – I am still surprised to wake up each morning and remember that this happened to me.  And of course I’m pretty chuffed too!

1 comment: